Kyle is a third generation Nevadan. He was born in Reno, Nevada and the Swanson family has lived in Northern Nevada since 1896. Kyle received his bachelor's degree at the University of Nevada in Reno, where he majored in English and minored in Geography.
He then received his Juris Doctor from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and admitted to practice law in Nevada since 1989.
Kyle now has two children, 19 and 16 years of age. When he’s not practicing, you can find Kyle hunting, fishing and skiing.
HIS BACKGROUND CONSISTS OF:
- Law Clerk for the Second Judicial District Court for the State of Nevada, County of Washoe 1989-90, working for the Hon. William Forman
- Associate with Thorndale, Backus, Maupin and Armstrong from 1990 to 1992, practicing insurance defense
- Deputy District Attorney for Humboldt County, Nevada from 1992 to 1996
- Opened the Law Office of Kyle B. Swanson in 1996
- Ducks Unlimited, Inc. volunteer since 1989
- Area chairman for the Humboldt Chapter, 1993-2004
- State Chairman, Nevada 2001-2003
- Regional Vice President and DU, Inc. Board of Directors, 2004-2011
- Emeritus Board 2011-current
- Committee member, Humboldt Chapter 2005-current
- Nevada State Council 2017-current
SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY:
- Nevada Waterfowl Association, board member 1990-1992
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, member
- National Rifle Association, member
- The Nature Conservancy, member
- Ducks Unlimited Canada, member
- University of Nevada Alumni Council, 1998-1999